In today’s episode I am joined by Kriss Akabusi MBE, Olympic medalist, TV Personality, Business man and Philanthropist. Kriss has amassed three olympic medals including beating David Hemery’s 22 year record for the 400m.
Following on from a career in international athletics, Kriss became a TV personality and presenter on Channel 4’s Big Breakfast and Record Breakers. Now a business man, he is a sort after keynote speaker and delivers corporate workshops and training as well as a philanthropist with his own charity The Akabusi Charitable Trust.
In this episode Kriss talks about:
- Kriss’s defines what he believes success is: 6 mins 55 secs
- Kriss’s childhood and growing up in a children’s home and how it shaped him 10 mins
- How joining the army became his turning point and he reinventing himself 12mins 15 secs
- Developing resilience in the army 17 mins 45 secs
- Learn the rules to engagement for success in your environment 23 mins 50 secs
- Becoming an asset not a liability 26 mins 20 secs
- The Mindset for Success and creating your story 28 mins 30 secs
- Investing in yourself 32 mins 40 secs
- Discussing social mobility and advice to young people 36 mins
- Advice to his younger self 40 mins 50 secs
This episode provides plenty of inspiration and strategies to help achieve success. Enjoy 🙂