This week on the podcast I sit down with Mark Colbourne MBE former Welsh Paralympic Cyclist.
In 2009 after falling 35 feet whilst paragliding, Mark broke his back in a near death experience. He was hospitalised for nearly 100 days motionless and the accident left Mark with a disability.
Within 3 years, Mark was standing on the podium with 3 medals around his neck in the London 2012 Paralympic Games. He won 3 medals for Great Britain in
* Silver 1km time trial – track
* Silver – road Time Trial – Road
* Gold – Individual Pursuit C1 – track
In 2013 Mark was awarded and MBE and has gone on to become an international speaker and business man. In this podcast Mark discusses how he bounced back and from adversity and was inspired to become an athlete. In this episode Mark talks about:
– His accident and the impact it had on his life
– The mindset needed to achieve greatness and committing 100% to your goal
– Learning how to dig deep and find resilience
Mark is a true inspiration and more can be found on his website and his TEDx talk is below: